Saturday, 26 February 2011

54/365

E is for E Coli. A few years ago (just before I moved out) I was going away on the holiday of a lifetime with my parents - ten days in Orlando and then a week in Barbados. Obviously, I couldn't wait and was so excited. In fact, I was looking forward to the food so much, I told my dad he'd probably have to buy me a second seat for the plane home. A few days before we were due to go away, OH and I got back from a few days in Rome. Word of warning, never eat in the restaurant through security in Leonardo da Vinci airport. My cannelloni was disgusting. The following day, I started to feel really awful, sky high temperature, shivering, headache, and then my tummy started. Of course, we thought it was just a 24 hour bug and so we all headed off on holiday, more concerned about the rest of my family catching it from me.

But no, it was food poisoning, most likely e coli (never found out as even though I did see a doctor I lied to him in case he sent me to hospital on my holidays). I spent the holiday feeling crap (excuse the pun), half a bowl of dry cornflakes would send me running for the loo. Instead of ballooning I lost about a stone and a half in 3 weeks and it was 5 weeks before I could eat a full meal again. Much as I had a lovely holiday, it was ruined for all of us as I wasn't exactly in the form for walking around theme parks in July in Florida.

I tell you all this, just so you understand this next bit.

That Christmas Stephen got me a plush e coli toy. So sensitive, my man.

2 comments:

  1. For E Coli, it's really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the e-coli one. I only have flesh eating bacteria at the moment but want the salmonella one as I did my 4th year project on it - Nerdy I know!!

    ReplyDelete